From: Donna on
Hi, I have both PowerPoint 2003 (French) and 2007 (English with language
pack) installed on my station under Windows XP Professional (French). I am
preparing files for a client in both versions (English and French in both
2003 and 2007), depending on who is using it and the software version they
are using. Most of them will have only one version installed but some have
both. In this case when using Windows Explorer, all files open in 2007. I
tried the trick you mentioned below, now everything opens in 2003. Is there
anything else to try to associate extensions with their proper versions?

Location of PPT 2003 executable:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE
Location of PPT 2007 executable:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 (not sure if this is file? :
excelcnv.exe)