From: chuckm on
My daughters old computer is running XP with Powerpoint 2000. She
has a need to use the equation editor for a school project, but it
does not appear to be installed. I looked in Insert/Object and there
was nothing there.

So, where do I get it and how do I install it? Is there a version
for 2000 or would current equations 3.0 work?

All help appreciated.

Thanks
Chuck
From: Matti Vuori on
chuckm <cmryglot(a)cisco.com> wrote in news:09313efd-88fd-4543-ad4a-
98be692c7f82(a)q16g2000yqq.googlegroups.com:

> My daughters old computer is running XP with Powerpoint 2000. She
> has a need to use the equation editor for a school project, but it
> does not appear to be installed. I looked in Insert/Object and there
> was nothing there.
>
> So, where do I get it and how do I install it? Is there a version
> for 2000 or would current equations 3.0 work?

If you look at Help in PPT 2000, you will find that it instructs you to
create equations by inserting a Microsoft Equation 3.0 object.

....And the help page titled "Insert an Equation" explains how to install
the equation editor if it isn't installed.