From: woodro on
We recently upgraded to Office 2007. Whenever we save a Powerpoint
2007 that has excel links to files on our network, all the links
change from f:\filesystem to \\ca.domain.com\filesystem. After we try
to update the links that have changed to UNC paths, we get the
following error: "The linked file was unavailable and can't be
updated". I have been unable to find a fix or workaround for this
other than to take the hour to update all of the links in the affected
presentation. Has anybody else seen this issue and more importantly,
is there a fix or workaround for this.