From: thal on
Hi,if I do not have a working version of office 2003 in my pc,do I still need
the update that windows keeps asking me to install? I cant install it as I
get the error #80070643. I am running Vista home basic on a nec powermate.
From: PvdG42 on

"thal" <thal(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,if I do not have a working version of office 2003 in my pc,do I still
> need
> the update that windows keeps asking me to install? I cant install it as I
> get the error #80070643. I am running Vista home basic on a nec powermate.

First: No, you do not need the update if you don't have the product
installed.

Second: Asking this Office/MS Update question in a .NET programming
discussion group (here) is unlikely to get you useful answers, so try this:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/

In the tree on the left, open English, then open Windows. In the Windows
subcategory, find and open the Windows Vista subcategory. Find a group there
for your question.

Or...

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/

In the tree on the left, open English, then open Office and Desktop
Applications. In the Office and Desktop Applications
subcategory, find and open the Office subcategory. Find a group there for
your question.