From: Nenjess on
Hi Kat,

I was wondering if I could pick your (or your ppt designers') brains on an
issue….?

I'm just about to distribute a training programme to our customers and I
want to prevent them amending any of the ppt training materials, but I still
want to maintain all existing slide animation for the trainers to use. I'm
struggling to find the right option for 'locking down' the content within
PPT……

• The need for animation means I can't just create jpegs of each slide to
'lock' the content – I need the trainer to be able to click through the
animated elements as normal.
• Password protecting would be useless for obvious reasons.
• I've created the presentations in PPT 2007 and thought the 'Mark as Final'
option would give a degree of security (I know that anyone with 2007 can just
toggle the option off, but it would at least provide an initial hurdle for
all but the 2007-savvy client!). However, I've discovered that the option
doesn't hold if you swap between versions – on my side, even when I 'Marked
as Final' and then saved the ppt as a 97-2003 version, the 'locking' worked.
But when I test it with a recipient that opened it in her version of PPT
2003, she could just edit it as normal.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what path I could take to prevent
the content being changed?

Thanks

Nenjess

From: Michael Koerner on
Which version of PowerPoint are you using?

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint