From: SS on
Using Powerpoint 2007, save the file as a Powerpoint show - the file
extension is .ppsx. When I post this to my webpage (using FrontPage), the
file will not open. However, when I save the file as a Powerpoint 97-2003
Show - file extension .pps, and post it to the website in the exact same
manner, the show opens when you click on the hyperlink. Why won't it open
when I save it with the .ppsx format?
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <CADC3C10-CAC3-4685-A2A4-AA9E08E69D14(a)microsoft.com>, Ss wrote:
> Using Powerpoint 2007, save the file as a Powerpoint show - the file
> extension is .ppsx. When I post this to my webpage (using FrontPage), the
> file will not open. However, when I save the file as a Powerpoint 97-2003
> Show - file extension .pps, and post it to the website in the exact same
> manner, the show opens when you click on the hyperlink. Why won't it open
> when I save it with the .ppsx format?

- Won't open from your computer or won't open from somebody else's?

- When it won't open, what error messages or other symptoms do you see?

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: SS on
It won't open on my work computer, and then tried it from home and it won't
open there either. When I save it as an older version (.pps), when I click
on the hyperlink, the show immediately begins. When I save it in the 2007
version (.ppsx), when I click on the hyperlink, I get the "choose Run, Save
or Cancel" box, and if I choose Run (which is what I want the users to be
able to do), I can an error message that it can't open the file.

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <9876B722-34DC-4464-BB74-602DF6E1FB8D(a)microsoft.com>, Ss wrote:
> It won't open on my work computer, and then tried it from home and it won't
> open there either. When I save it as an older version (.pps), when I click
> on the hyperlink, the show immediately begins. When I save it in the 2007
> version (.ppsx), when I click on the hyperlink, I get the "choose Run, Save
> or Cancel" box, and if I choose Run (which is what I want the users to be
> able to do), I can an error message that it can't open the file.

Try SAVE instead.

What extension does it want to apply to the saved file?