From: Amy Blankenship on

"Invalid" <news(a)wisty.plus.com.invalid> wrote in message
> In message <uKQYgJoWHHA.4216(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Amy Blankenship
> <Amy_nospam(a)magnoliamultimedia.com> writes
>>I have a tutorial that came with my tablet PC that shows a powerpoint
>>slide
>>show menu that has a next and previous button on it. I can't even find
>>anything on the slide show menu in the help, and the two-button slide show
>>menu I've been able to get showing does not have those buttons or the
>>screen
>>button also mentioned in the tutorial. How so I make these show?
>>Powerpoint is not very useful in tablet mode without at least a next and
>>previous button!
>>
>>Thanks;
>>
>>Amy
>>

> Amy, which version of Powerpoint are you using? I think this feature is
> 2003 or later.
>
> With PPT2003 if I switch to slideshow mode, and simply hover the pen, I
> get the four buttons in the bottom left hand corner. A tap anywhere on
> the screen moves the slideshow on. The other buttons give back, menu and
> an annotation control menu.
>
> I can get rid of the pointer, and the four buttons, by right clicking on
> the screen selecting pointer options, arrow options and setting it
> hidden. Perhaps yours is hidden already. Try right clicking and selling
> the pointer/arrow options to automatic.

Yes, I have XP so I think I am SOL. Is there an upgrade to 2003 still
available?

From: Chris H. on
Sorry, but I was afraid you had an older version. If you do a search on
Google, you'll find plenty of available Office 2003 upgrade versions.
Office XP (the 2002 versions of the programs) was on the market before
Tablet PCs came out, and is one of the least pen-aware of the Office
versions available. There was an Office XP Tablet Pack available
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=33790048-269B-4838-AB9E-74B64626A494&displaylang=en)
which did add some "context tagging" so the 2002 versions became aware of
pen usage, but it still isn't very good compared to Office 2003 or the newer
Office 2007.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC