From: Amy Blankenship on
I have a tutorial that came with my tablet PC that shows a powerpoint slide
show menu that has a next and previous button on it. I can't even find
anything on the slide show menu in the help, and the two-button slide show
menu I've been able to get showing does not have those buttons or the screen
button also mentioned in the tutorial. How so I make these show?
Powerpoint is not very useful in tablet mode without at least a next and
previous button!

Thanks;

Amy

From: Chris H. on
From PowerPoint 2003's Help:
=====
Go to the next slide:
Click the mouse.
Press SPACEBAR or ENTER.
Right-click, and on the shortcut menu, click Next.

Go to a specific slide:
Type the slide number, and then press ENTER.
Right-click, point to Go to Slide on the shortcut menu, and then click the
slide you want.

See previously viewed slide:
Right-click, and on the shortcut menu, click Last Viewed.
=====

If you are looking for something else (just a single tap on the slide works
for "next" for me, but I don't use PowerPoint much), or have a different
version of PowerPoint, you might want to ask the PowerPoint folks in their
support newsgroup - microsoft.public.powerpoint.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

From: Amy Blankenship on

"Chris H." <winxpnews(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> From PowerPoint 2003's Help:
> =====
> Go to the next slide:
> Click the mouse.
> Press SPACEBAR or ENTER.
> Right-click, and on the shortcut menu, click Next.
>
> Go to a specific slide:
> Type the slide number, and then press ENTER.
> Right-click, point to Go to Slide on the shortcut menu, and then click the
> slide you want.

In Tablet mode, you can't access the keyboard. I am NOT going to be turning
my screen back and forth to run a presentation.

> See previously viewed slide:
> Right-click, and on the shortcut menu, click Last Viewed.

Is there a way to hide the right click menu from the projector?

From: xTenn on
Amy Blankenship wrote:

> In Tablet mode, you can't access the keyboard. I am NOT going to be turning
> my screen back and forth to run a presentation.

If you want to have more versatile control over applications with a pen
consider something like the free Strokeit, which allows you to assign
keystrokes and shortcuts to pen gestures.

http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/

Also consider that there are plenty of bluetooth and wireless presenters
on the market which can be found very economically, if you want
something slicker. For my uses with a slate style tablet I find a
Think Outside bluetooth keyboard to be invaluable for those moments when
you get hit with something you had not considered and/or more typing
than I would prefer, but not everyone may have that need.

From: Invalid on
In message <uKQYgJoWHHA.4216(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Amy Blankenship
<Amy_nospam(a)magnoliamultimedia.com> writes
>I have a tutorial that came with my tablet PC that shows a powerpoint slide
>show menu that has a next and previous button on it. I can't even find
>anything on the slide show menu in the help, and the two-button slide show
>menu I've been able to get showing does not have those buttons or the screen
>button also mentioned in the tutorial. How so I make these show?
>Powerpoint is not very useful in tablet mode without at least a next and
>previous button!
>
>Thanks;
>
>Amy

Amy, which version of Powerpoint are you using? I think this feature is
2003 or later.

With PPT2003 if I switch to slideshow mode, and simply hover the pen, I
get the four buttons in the bottom left hand corner. A tap anywhere on
the screen moves the slideshow on. The other buttons give back, menu
and an annotation control menu.

I can get rid of the pointer, and the four buttons, by right clicking on
the screen selecting pointer options, arrow options and setting it
hidden. Perhaps yours is hidden already. Try right clicking and selling
the pointer/arrow options to automatic.
--
Invalid