From: Richard on
Is there a way to keep spammers out of your form submit. Also whats a good
way to spam the spammers. I'ds like to reply to the spam with a thousand
replys with just sending it once. Is that possible? Does anyone know of any
good sites to learn how to spam the spammers.
From: Ronx on
Look through the pages starting at
http://www.rxs-enterprises.co.uk/fp/articles/2007/12/01/03/Reduce_Spam_in_Form_results.aspx

Note that one important decision you will have to make is: which server side
scripting technology (asp, asp.NET, PHP etc) to use? FrontPage extensions
will only give a very limited protection since any client side validation
relies on JavaScript - turn off javascript, turn off validation and
protection. Server Side scripting takes over from where JavaScript stops.

Also take a look at RE-CAPTCHA (http://recaptcha.net) - this also requires a
server side technology such as PHP, asp, asp.NET etc.

Spamming the spammers is not a good idea - most spam comes from botnets, any
email addresses in the spam belong to victims, not the spammers.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

From: Ronx on
One way of fighting spammers is Project Honeypot

http://www.projecthoneypot.org/

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx

Richard submitted this idea :

From: Helpful person on
On Mar 5, 2:35 am, Ronx <ronx...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> One way of fighting spammers is Project Honeypot
>
> http://www.projecthoneypot.org/
>
> --
> Ron Symonds

Very interesting site.