From: Tech Support on
Hello,

I have a couple questions regarding print automation. I would like to do
the following:

1.Automatically search for PDF files on a network share I specify and
all the subdirectories within that specified directory.

2.Only look for PDF files that have certain digits I specify at the
first 4 digits of the file name.

3.Only look for PDF files that are later than or equal to a certain date
I specify.

4.Print (silently) all the PDF files that meets this criteria.

Any ideas or sample code do get me started is much appreciated.

Thanks!

From: mayayana on
You've multi-posted the same question to
a VB.Net group. Either you're using VB.Net or
you're using VB. It can't be both.

From: Bill McCarthy on

"mayayana" <mayaXXyana(a)rcXXn.com> wrote in message
> You've multi-posted the same question to
> a VB.Net group. Either you're using VB.Net or
> you're using VB. It can't be both.

Actually it can be both. HTH's.

Here's a link to lots of open source PDF libraries :
http://www.codeplex.com/site/search?projectSearchText=pdf

Most of them are written in .NET, but you can always put a COM wrapper
around them and use from VB6.

From: Ralph on

"Bill McCarthy" <bill(a)localhost.com> wrote in message

> "mayayana" <mayaXXyana(a)rcXXn.com> wrote in message
> > You've multi-posted the same question to
> > a VB.Net group. Either you're using VB.Net or
> > you're using VB. It can't be both.
> >

> Actually it can be both. HTH's.
>
> Here's a link to lots of open source PDF libraries :
> http://www.codeplex.com/site/search?projectSearchText=pdf
>
> Most of them are written in .NET, but you can always put a COM wrapper
> around them and use from VB6.

My favorite is libHaru.
http://libharu.org/wiki/Main_Page
Download:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/Components-Libraries/libHaru.shtml

The library is written in ANSI C so you can whip out your trusty C/C++ to
create an ActiveX component for use in your program, or even customize the
library. Or use one of the Windows binaries directly.

You might also consider using Delphi to create useable components. Haven't
played with any JAVA implemetation - but of course that is an option too.

But then purchasing MS's Visual Studio 2008 .Net Framework development
package and using .Net samples wrapped with through Interop to create an
ActiveX component to use with VB6 makes more sense.

-ralph
<g>

From: mayayana on
> But then purchasing MS's Visual Studio 2008 .Net Framework development
> package and using .Net samples wrapped with through Interop to create an
> ActiveX component to use with VB6 makes more sense.

Ooh, that sounds cutting edge. How would I
call it from my VBScript that I'm hosting in
an MSScript control embedded in an HTA?

Also, are there any dependencies? I hope not.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Timer function
Next: Archiving