From: John on
hi All,

i have two print servers, one is a windows 2000 server and one is windows
server 2003. I've been requested to compile a list of printers and associated
IP's. Does anyone know a simple way to retrieve this information other than
to manually select each printer look at the info and type it into a
spreadsheet?
I've looked into the print server management pack but it appears to require
mom2005 and i'm not even sure if it will report names and IP's.

thanks in advance,

From: Alan Morris [MSFT] on
Print Management Console in Vista and greater. It's also part of Server
2003 R2. There is an XP admin pack for 2003 R2 as well.

The list you can export from mmc will include Port Name and Printer. If the
port name does not include the IP then you will not have the info you want.

You can also use the WMI script interface on 2003 to list printer name and
Port names

prnmngr.vbs -l will list the printers

prnport.vbs will list the Standard TCP/IP ports with configurations but you
will need to map back to the printer name.

You can get some of this data from 2000 using WMI but I do not recall the
supported functionality.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team