From: Sleb on
Hi,

I'm trying to configure a wireless infrastructure using certificate but
can't do it with my pc which is not in the domain. My wireless is configured
like this;

wpa2 enterprise
aes
my radius server
shared key

My nps is configured like this;

radius client; my wireless AP
vendor name; radius standard
same secret key
conditions; nas port type wireless or ieee 802.11
authentication; accept users without validating credentials
ignore user account dial-in properties
type of network access server; unspecified
constraints; smart card or other certificate
allow clients to connect without negotiating an authentication method
The certificate used is installed on the server
the chain certificate and the certificate used by the policy has been
installed on my workstation

When I connect, I only get to "validating identity"
after a while I stop it.

1- Is it possible to configure this without the computer in the domain? In
all the step by steps I saw, they always talk about deploying certificates by
gpo so with computers on the domain which is not my case

2- if it's possible, is there any step by step on this somewhere? It has to
be for public pc's

ps; I have only 1 server that have certificate services installed with nps

thanks