From: mjimeno on
Here is my problem: I want to print to a barcode printer (Zebra 2844) in
this way: I want to use true type fonts like "Arial Bold", so I used the
printer method from VB. Perfect. Now I want to print barcodes too, but it
have been not easy trying with barcode fonts and other methods, so I
decided to print barcodes using raw data via API programming. Here is the
exact problem: If I use raw data I can't use windows fonts (according to
Zebra is possible, but not to me) and if I use printer method I can't
print perfectly barcodes like with raw data. The question is: Can I send
raw data using printer method? any other suggestion, please?
Thanks, Miguel.

From: John on
mjimeno wrote:
> Here is my problem: I want to print to a barcode printer (Zebra 2844) in
> this way: I want to use true type fonts like "Arial Bold", so I used the
> printer method from VB. Perfect. Now I want to print barcodes too, but it
> have been not easy trying with barcode fonts and other methods, so I
> decided to print barcodes using raw data via API programming. Here is the
> exact problem: If I use raw data I can't use windows fonts (according to
> Zebra is possible, but not to me) and if I use printer method I can't
> print perfectly barcodes like with raw data. The question is: Can I send
> raw data using printer method? any other suggestion, please?
> Thanks, Miguel.

Whenever I need to print barcodes I just use a standard 3of9 TTF font
(Google for it).
You have to remember to enclose your data within *stars* e.g. *12345*
or it won't work.

John

From: mjimeno on
I used it, but it does not work well with small sizes (less than 1 inch
length), so I need to use another way to print barcode.
Thanx, M

From: John on
mjimeno wrote:
> I used it, but it does not work well with small sizes (less than 1 inch
> length), so I need to use another way to print barcode.
> Thanx, M

Are you sure the printer is up to printing small barcodes DPI wise and
is your scanner a good quality one?

John

From: Gaga on
"mjimeno" <miguelangeljimeno(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I used it, but it does not work well with small sizes (less than 1 inch
> length), so I need to use another way to print barcode.
> Thanx, M

To correctly draw bar codes at different user defined sizes you need to have
a printer that is capable of very high resolutions, otherwise the slight
differences between the "design" width and the "printed width" of each
single bar when it is converted to a "whole pixel size" for printing can
cause problems. What is the resolution of your printer?

If the resolution isn't high enough then you need to take greate care when
choosing the size of your printed bar code if you are using True Type (or
similar) fonts. I've never actually worked with bar codes myself, but I
believe there are packages (and probably VB Controls) out there that make a
very good job of optimising the output to suit the "pixel resolution" of
your current specific output device (printer). They draw the lines
individually (not as part of a font) and they optimise the thickness and
separation automatically in accordance with the printer currently in use. I
don't know if there is any freeware that does it though. Stuff like that
usually costs a bit of money.

You could probably come up with some "bar code optimising" stuff yourself
using the LineTo and Rectangle APIs (or the equivalent VB drawing methods)
if you are prepared to spend a lot of time on it.

Mike

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: VB3 anyone...?