From: Barg on
Does anyone have an old VB.LIC file they could let me have?

I have a client with an ancient VB3 system that needs a few small text
tweaks to its printed output. It's a fairly complex app and the changes
required don't warrant a full VB.Net upgrade (or the time it would take!)

They do actually have the original installation disks (and the QuickPak Pro
and Sheridan tools disks) but, typically, several are damaged - including
the essential disk containing VB.LIC. (For the uninitiated, this file
actually allowed you to maintain the source code in VB2 and VB3.)

The irony is that, a few months ago, they upgraded the machine where all
this was stored. They carefully copied over C:\VB3 to the new machine...
and forgot about the \System files. Du-oh! Picking up the old VBXs is
easy enough, it's just that damned VB.LIC.

Any help appreciated!

From: Martin! on
Barg wrote:

> Does anyone have an old VB.LIC file they could let me have?
>
> I have a client with an ancient VB3 system that needs a few small text
> tweaks to its printed output. It's a fairly complex app and the changes
> required don't warrant a full VB.Net upgrade (or the time it would take!)
>
> They do actually have the original installation disks (and the QuickPak Pro
> and Sheridan tools disks) but, typically, several are damaged - including
> the essential disk containing VB.LIC. (For the uninitiated, this file
> actually allowed you to maintain the source code in VB2 and VB3.)
>
> The irony is that, a few months ago, they upgraded the machine where all
> this was stored. They carefully copied over C:\VB3 to the new machine...
> and forgot about the \System files. Du-oh! Picking up the old VBXs is
> easy enough, it's just that damned VB.LIC.
>
> Any help appreciated!

i really really really can not help you, do not send me an email asking
for this particular file, although i may have it (and the rest of vb3)
couse i will not show you were to download it (1kb or 12Mb total).

gr
martin
From: Veign on
Im sure he appreciates your post

--
Chris Hanscom - Microsoft MVP (VB)
Veign's Resource Center

From: Jim Mack on
Veign wrote:
> Im sure he appreciates your post
>
> --
> Chris Hanscom - Microsoft MVP (VB)
> Veign's Resource Center

I think you might have missed a huge wink there...

--
Jim

From: Geoff on
No, I saw the wink and have one happy (and relieved!) customer now. Thanks
to all who replied.