From: AgeOfLew on
I am getting an error message when trying to install a UPS Thermal 2844
printer. Message is "Add Printer Wizard" "Unable to install printer.
Operation could not be completed."

I downloaded the Zebra driver for this printer and it did install and the
printer does print, however When I use the drivers from the CD the
installation copies files and at the end I get the message. The drivers do
work on another PC with the same OS and programs.

I need the UPS driver to work but their tech support says there is a problem
with Windows.
From: Leythos on
In article <43330BF5-E933-4079-987D-424F2575CEB2(a)microsoft.com>,
AgeOfLew(a)discussions.microsoft.com says...

> I am getting an error message when trying to install a UPS Thermal 2844
> printer. Message is "Add Printer Wizard" "Unable to install printer.
> Operation could not be completed."
>
> I downloaded the Zebra driver for this printer and it did install and the
> printer does print, however When I use the drivers from the CD the
> installation copies files and at the end I get the message. The drivers do
> work on another PC with the same OS and programs.
>
> I need the UPS driver to work but their tech support says there is a problem
> with Windows.

I have a couple dozen of these, you MUST use the USB connection and you
must use their install files from the website, it will not work if you
install it as a typical printer.

I went to teh UPS website and ran the setup tools directly from their
website, it was the only way to make it work.

Printing works via some crappy active-x interface with their website.

Trust yourself.