From: Robert on
I have Administrator rights on our Windows 2000 Terminal Servers. It appears
that printers that are mapped from previous user sessions are not being
deleted from the terminal server. e.g. printer1/workstation1/Session 60 is
showing as ready but that session is not active on the terminal server. I
understand that when a user logs off or disconnects a session that print
queue is to be deleted. Is there a configuration issue that needs to be
checked on the client or server side to allow these print queues to delete
and only be created as users login?
From: Tad Brockway (MS) on
If a user logs out with a print job in progress, there are scenarios
(unfortunately) where the printer cannot be deleted. They become,
essentially, dead printers. If a printer with the same name is created on
subsequent logins, it will be overwritten. You can reboot your terminal
server and all these dead printers will be deleted on system startup.

[This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.]
Tad Brockway Microsoft Windows Terminal Services Program Manager