From: Max on
Hi, I can see other posts here who have same prob I have. Remote login
clients using Win7 can't print and can't see their printers listd. Terminal
server runs Windows Server 2k3. Remote XP clients have no probs at all. Only
new clients computers with Win7 get this prob. I'm guessing Windows Server
2k8 doesnt have this prob?

None of the other posts have had a fix offered yet so I'm hoping something
comes up soon. Is anyone working on this prob? Have you got a fix yet?
From: Shagun Sharma Tamta [MSFT] on
See if following SOX help you.

http://vkbexternal/VKBWebService/ViewContent.aspx?scid=SO;US;SOX080618700050"
http://vkbexternal/VKBWebService/ViewContent.aspx?scid=SO;US;SOX071001700046.

And "Terminal Server Printer Redirection Wizard Tool" can be used to find
issues with printer redirection.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9AD27BE9-40DB-484F-862E-38A094EEEAF7&displaylang=en.

Thanks,
Shagun

From: Bazzar on
Thank you for replying. It seems MS have no idea this is a problem or they
simply do not care. I suspect MS does not care!! Enough people are
complaining so they must know by now!!

Your first 2 links do not work. The 3rd link I have already tried and does
not work. The problem appears to be an issue in Win 7 not being compatible
with W2K3 or SBS2K3. If you can think of anything else I and many others
would appreciate it.

ALSO when I log in to this forum I don't get back to it, I get a page
stating the web site doesn't exist but when I select the forum again from my
links I'm in. What gives??? When I post a msg and click "Notify me of
replies" I never get a notification for any replies. Any ideas what might be
wrong?

Barry

From: Shagun Sharma Tamta [MSFT] on
Hi Bary,

I discussed your problem with the concerned team and they need few more
details. Can you please provide the followings:
1) Are your client and server printer drivers matching?
2) Are your client and server machines 64 bit / 32 bit
3) Did you try installing the same printer driver on server in case they are
not matching
4) Also on XP machine where it is working can you please try installing RDC
client 7 and try see whether printer redirection works.

Thanks,
Shagun