From: COPYCAT on
I work in a digital printing facility with a HP Designjet 5500ps printer
which is set up CMYK. Powerpoint is set to RGB. We find that when we send a
very blue background slide for making a poster the blue turns to PURPLE! Even
if we save as a PDF that turns to purple.

Does anyone know how to get around this terrible problem we are having. We
have had customers reject the poster since it does not look like the file
they sent. I can't blame them. We have been printing out various boxes of
shades of just blue (all come out various shades of purple) then add green.
Once the green is added, the color is blue and depending on the percentages,
lighter or darker. This is nuts, we can not tell people to make these odd
changes to their slides because powerpoint won't talk to our CMYK printer.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO CHANGE POWERPOINT TO CMYK?????
From: COPYCAT on
Oops, forgot to say, this is a large format printer and I am making a 48" x
36" poster.

"COPYCAT" wrote:

> I work in a digital printing facility with a HP Designjet 5500ps printer
> which is set up CMYK. Powerpoint is set to RGB. We find that when we send a
> very blue background slide for making a poster the blue turns to PURPLE! Even
> if we save as a PDF that turns to purple.
>
> Does anyone know how to get around this terrible problem we are having. We
> have had customers reject the poster since it does not look like the file
> they sent. I can't blame them. We have been printing out various boxes of
> shades of just blue (all come out various shades of purple) then add green.
> Once the green is added, the color is blue and depending on the percentages,
> lighter or darker. This is nuts, we can not tell people to make these odd
> changes to their slides because powerpoint won't talk to our CMYK printer.
>
> IS THERE ANY WAY TO CHANGE POWERPOINT TO CMYK?????

Pages: 1
Prev: AVI Sound won't play
Next: convert pptx to docx