From: hollyylloh on
I have a preprinted form that I print onto from an access report. Getting it
to print just right onto the form is tedious. I have multiple people in
different offices that need to print onto the forms as well, and each has a
personal printer in their office. Each printer prints onto the preprinted
form differently requireing me to create a new instance of the report for
each printer. Any time someone gets a new printer, I have to create a new
instance of the report for that new printer. I need a better idea on how to
handle this.

Thank you in advance.
From: Steve on
Can you design a report that looks just like the preprinted form. If you
can, you make the report independent of the printer.

Steve
santus(a)penn.com

From: hollyylloh on
Thanks Steve. The problem of just replacing the preprinted form with a report
is that the preprinted form has some elements that I would not be able to
duplicate with a black and white inkjet printer, and the forms are double
sided to boot. I will keep that is an option though.

Has anyone else heard of a good solution for seting up and saving margin
settings for multiple printers?

Thanks again.

From: John Spencer on
The best way to handle this is usually to set up one report with margins set
to handle the largest margins required by any printer.

Most modern printers will work with half-inch margins, so I would try
designing the report with a default printer and half-inch margins. If you need
to print closer to the edges than that then the users need to all have
printers that can handle printing closer to the edge.

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: hollyylloh on
thank you.

"John Spencer" wrote:

> The best way to handle this is usually to set up one report with margins set
> to handle the largest margins required by any printer.
>
> Most modern printers will work with half-inch margins, so I would try
> designing the report with a default printer and half-inch margins. If you need
> to print closer to the edges than that then the users need to all have
> printers that can handle printing closer to the edge.
>
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
> The Hilltop Institute
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>
> hollyylloh wrote:
> > Thanks Steve. The problem of just replacing the preprinted form with a report
> > is that the preprinted form has some elements that I would not be able to
> > duplicate with a black and white inkjet printer, and the forms are double
> > sided to boot. I will keep that is an option though.
> >
> > Has anyone else heard of a good solution for seting up and saving margin
> > settings for multiple printers?
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > "Steve" wrote:
> >
> >> Can you design a report that looks just like the preprinted form. If you
> >> can, you make the report independent of the printer.
> >>
> >> Steve
> >> santus(a)penn.com
> >>

> >> "hollyylloh" <hollyylloh(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

Pages: 1
Prev: Strange Label issue