From: Summing multiple fields on a form on
I created a report with totals. See below sample.

Date Type1 Type2 Servs1 Servs2 Type Total Serv Total
71/2009 10 20 30 35 30
65
7/2/2009 11 22 33 44 33
77

I used the =NZ for Row Totals and =Sum for column Totals. I tried to get
column totals for 'Type Total' column and also for 'Serv Total' column. I
couldnt figure it out. Can someone please tell me what to do?

From: HC on
On Mar 25, 3:54 pm, Summing multiple fields on a form
<Summingmultiplefieldsonaf...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I created a report with totals.  See below sample.
>
> Date         Type1   Type2  Servs1  Servs2       Type Total  Serv Total
> 71/2009      10       20            30        35                   30
>      65
> 7/2/2009     11       22            33        44                   33
>      77
>
> I used the =NZ  for Row Totals and =Sum for column Totals.  I tried to get
> column totals for 'Type Total' column and also for 'Serv Total' column. I
> couldnt figure it out. Can someone please tell me what to do?

Looks at the name of the field label on your your
report ...Forexample ...
> Date Type1 Type2 Servs1 Servs2 Type Total Serv Total
> 71/2009 10 20 30 35 30
| | | |
Text1 | | |
Text2
On this value box =Text1 + text2 + etc.....

On the sum of each column you may put in footer
=Sum(text1) Sum(text2) .....

That should work. Hopes it help.
From: Summing multiple fields on a form on
Yes HC...I did that for the fields in my table, however 'Type Total' and
'Serv Total' are not in my table. I added them with text boxes......

From: John Spencer on
Then you need to redo the calculation that you used for type Total and Serv
Total in the controls. You can only refer to fields and not controls when you
are using SUM or the other aggregate functions in the report.

The Control source to sum the Type Total column would look something like the
following (assuming the fields in the query are named Type1 and Type2).

=Sum(Nz([Type1],0) + Nz([Type2],0))

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

Summing multiple fields on a form wrote:
> Yes HC...I did that for the fields in my table, however 'Type Total' and
> 'Serv Total' are not in my table. I added them with text boxes......
>
> "HC" wrote:
>
>> On Mar 25, 3:54 pm, Summing multiple fields on a form
>> <Summingmultiplefieldsonaf...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>> I created a report with totals. See below sample.
>>>
>>> Date Type1 Type2 Servs1 Servs2 Type Total Serv Total
>>> 71/2009 10 20 30 35 30
>>> 65
>>> 7/2/2009 11 22 33 44 33