From: jwmtx on
I am not able to print return address labels. I am using Microsoft suite
2003, Microsoft task. It has a program for printing the labels. My
printer(Lexmark X125) goes through all the motions of printing the labels but
does not lay down any ink. The printer works properly in all other respects.
They told me it sounded like a software problem and that I should contact
you. This is the firs time I've tried to print return address labels and I
may have input somthing wrong, but cannot discover what it is. Can you
suggest something to me. The printer sounds like it is printing labels but
does not lay down any ink.
From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 14:23:01 -0800, jwmtx
<jwmtx(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have XP with Works Suite 2003. Ican't print return address labels. I am
> using the Microsoft task program and Home Depot labels. I have set it up
> properly I think and it goes through all the motions of printing labels but
> will not lay down any ink. The Lexmark W125 printer works great in all other
> respects except for this label thing. Lexmark told me it sounded like a soft
> ware problem. They took control remotely and could find nothing wrong.
> Suggested I contact Microsoft so here I am. If you can heelp I will
> appreciate it. James

Two points:

1. You have not contacted Microsoft. This is a peer-to-peer users
newsgroup. We are all just users of Windows XP, not Microsoft
employees (not even those of us with the honorary Microsoft MVP title
behind our names) helping each other when we can. An occasional
Microsoft employee does post here, but it's unofficially, and on his
own time.

2. You apparently have a problem doing something in Microsoft Works.
Asking a question about Works in a Windows XP newsgroup is
inappropriate. You are much more likely to get the help you need in a
Works newsgroup, since that's where the Works experts hang out.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: dfrog on

"jwmtx" <jwmtx(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have XP with Works Suite 2003. Ican't print return address labels. I am
> using the Microsoft task program and Home Depot labels. I have set it up
> properly I think and it goes through all the motions of printing labels
> but
> will not lay down any ink. The Lexmark W125 printer works great in all
> other
> respects except for this label thing. Lexmark told me it sounded like a
> soft
> ware problem. They took control remotely and could find nothing wrong.
> Suggested I contact Microsoft so here I am. If you can heelp I will
> appreciate it. James

James,

1 good advice from Ken
2 based on what you say above (or don't say), if your printer sounds as
tho' it is laying ink down on labels, maybe it is laying ink down, but not
where you want it. If printer thinks it is printing 1 label per width to the
right of an A4 sheet of labels for instance, but is fed with fan-fold labels
for instance
at 12.66cm wide (not the 21cm width of A4 sheet, or 8.5" width in US), the
printer will be laying
the ink on the roller, and sound as tho' it is doing the right thing.
3 this may be way off track of course, but is possible maybe.

dfrog

From: Unknown on
Put a wide sheet of paper in the printer to check whether or not it is
printing too far to one side.