From: Suzanne Knapp on
Using Q2004 I tried to print a report to Adobe PDF. Got a dialog box with
the message:

Unable to find Adobe PDF Resource Files
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF
6.0\Settings\[].joboptions

The [] represents the lozenge indicating a non-displayable character. The
dialog box asked whether I wanted to run the Installer in Repair mode, which
I did, but it didn't help - I still get the error.

The Adobe joboptions are there in the Settings folder indicated, but they
have readable names like "Standard.joboptions" and "High
Quality.joboptions".

In Q2000 I was able to print reports to PDF, but an error has apparently
been introduced in Q2004. Is there any way of getting around it? I want to
email reports to others in my group, and text files just aren't as nice as
PDF's.

Thanks for your help.

Suzanne

From: John Pollard on
Suzanne Knapp wrote:
> Using Q2004 I tried to print a report to Adobe PDF. Got a
> dialog box
> with the message:
>
> Unable to find Adobe PDF Resource Files
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF
> 6.0\Settings\[].joboptions
>
> The [] represents the lozenge indicating a non-displayable
> character.
> The dialog box asked whether I wanted to run the Installer in
> Repair
> mode, which I did, but it didn't help - I still get the error.
>
> The Adobe joboptions are there in the Settings folder
> indicated, but
> they have readable names like "Standard.joboptions" and "High
> Quality.joboptions".
>
> In Q2000 I was able to print reports to PDF, but an error has
> apparently been introduced in Q2004. Is there any way of
> getting
> around it? I want to email reports to others in my group, and
> text
> files just aren't as nice as PDF's.

As a possible point of reference: I don't use Q2004, but I have
it installed on my laptop. I just downloaded CutePDF to the
laptop, told Q2004 to use the CutePDF printer to print reports,
generated a report and printed it to a pdf file with no
problems.

Q2004 Home & Business, US, R1.

--
John Pollard
First initial underscore Last name at mchsi dot com

From: Suzanne Knapp on
I'd forgotten I have another PDF creator (Jaws) and that worked, too. So
it's just Adobe that's broken. Thanks.

Suzanne

From: Randy Stevens on
Suzanne,

I'm using Q Premier H&B 2006 with Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0.5. I'm not
having a printing to the PDF printer and creating a PDF file from Q. You
might want to see if you have the latest updates to Adobe 6. They just
released 6.0.5 back in 3/1/06.