From: Charliec on
I ran Validate on my Quicken 2006 File and received the following
error report:
Sat Mar 18 17:38:13 2006

File: "D:\QUICKENW\DATAFILE\Charlie"

QDF:
Validating the QDF file.
No error.

QEL:
No read errors.

QEL:Removed 122 qel records for payments not in register

I assumed it has removed the 122 records indicated in the QEL file.
But running Validate again later, produced the same error report.

Any thoughts on what is happening here and what I can do to correct
it?
Thanks
Charlie
Charliec
From: John Pollard on
Charliec wrote:
> I ran Validate on my Quicken 2006 File and received the
> following
> error report:
> Sat Mar 18 17:38:13 2006
>
> File: "D:\QUICKENW\DATAFILE\Charlie"
>
> QDF:
> Validating the QDF file.
> No error.
>

> QEL:
> No read errors.
>
> QEL:Removed 122 qel records for payments not in register
>
> I assumed it has removed the 122 records indicated in the QEL
> file.
> But running Validate again later, produced the same error
> report.

> Any thoughts on what is happening here and

It's not clear from anything you have said that you have a real
problem. Why did you Validate in the first place? Did the
"problem" you attempted to solve, remain?

> what I can do to correct

Try a super-Validate. Backup first.

--
John Pollard
First initial underscore Last name at mchsi dot com

From: Charliec on
See answers below.

>On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 01:54:15 GMT, "John Pollard" <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote:

>Charliec wrote:
>> I ran Validate on my Quicken 2006 File and received the
>> following
>> error report:
>> Sat Mar 18 17:38:13 2006
>>
>> File: "D:\QUICKENW\DATAFILE\Charlie"
>>
>> QDF:
>> Validating the QDF file.
>> No error.
>>

>> QEL:
>> No read errors.
>>
>> QEL:Removed 122 qel records for payments not in register
>>
>> I assumed it has removed the 122 records indicated in the QEL
>> file.
>> But running Validate again later, produced the same error
>> report.
>

>> Any thoughts on what is happening here and
>
>It's not clear from anything you have said that you have a real
>problem. Why did you Validate in the first place? Did the
>"problem" you attempted to solve, remain?

I Validated because I was going through the Year-End procedures
(Archiving older transactions) and Quicken would freeze and stop
responding. I did finally leave it in the "not responding" mode for
awhile and it did finally complete.

>> what I can do to correct
>
>Try a super-Validate. Backup first.
I did a super-Validate after the Validate and it did not indicate
anything. I have been able to complete my Year-End routine.
Charliec
From: Hank Arnold on
Ack!!! You most likely *do* have a database problem..... I'd do the
following (as usual, make sure you do this on a copy of the db):

1) If you keep backups of the database, try going back and see if you can do
a validate w/o errors. If you can, you might want to consider re-entering
the newer transactions.

2) use the Q interface to make a copy of the database. This might possibly
"fix" things. If *that* fail, then you *really* have a problem!

3) Try the "Super Validate" process. **DO NOT DO THIS ON THE ORIGINAL DB. DO
IT ON A COPY!!!**. You will want to do a thorough comparison of the
validated vs. the original.

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

From: John Pollard on
Charliec wrote:
> See answers below.
>
>> On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 01:54:15 GMT, "John Pollard"
>> <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> Charliec wrote:
>>> I ran Validate on my Quicken 2006 File and received the
>>> following
>>> error report:
>>> Sat Mar 18 17:38:13 2006
>>>
>>> File: "D:\QUICKENW\DATAFILE\Charlie"
>>>
>>> QDF:
>>> Validating the QDF file.
>>> No error.
>>>

>>> QEL:
>>> No read errors.
>>>
>>> QEL:Removed 122 qel records for payments not in register
>>>
>>> I assumed it has removed the 122 records indicated in the
>>> QEL
>>> file.
>>> But running Validate again later, produced the same error
>>> report.
>>

>>> Any thoughts on what is happening here and
>>
>> It's not clear from anything you have said that you have a
>> real
>> problem. Why did you Validate in the first place? Did the
>> "problem" you attempted to solve, remain?
>
> I Validated because I was going through the Year-End
> procedures
> (Archiving older transactions) and Quicken would freeze and
> stop
> responding. I did finally leave it in the "not responding"
> mode for
> awhile and it did finally complete.
>>
>>> what I can do to correct
>>
>> Try a super-Validate. Backup first.
> I did a super-Validate after the Validate and it did not
> indicate
> anything. I have been able to complete my Year-End routine.

It's my understanding that part of the Validate process can not
complete when there are accounts enabled for online service. If
that is involved in your problem, the only way out is to
deactivating *all* accounts (though you might want to try
deactivating just the one(s) that do online billpay, for
starters) for online access ("transaction download" and
"billpay"), then do your Validate. One risk is that when you
re-enable those accounts for online access again, you may get
some (many?) duplicate transactions downloaded. Another reason
to test in a copy of your data first.