From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-03-03, Marc Hillman <7owsx1j02(a)sneakemail.com> wrote:
> Success Tom - thanks a million. Did not need the "dim bufferptr as intptr =
> marshal.ReadIntPtr(strPtr)" statement." IntPtr is new to me, as is Marshal,
> but I think I understand enough to fix all the other similar issues.

Ok... cool. I wasn't sure if you needed that either. The documentation was a
bit cloudy and I don't know pascal all that well - so I wasn't sure if the
return was a pointer-to-pointer (which is what I assumed and why I had the
readintptr) or just a pointer. I'm glad you figured it out though :)

--
Tom Shelton
From: Mark Hurd on
"Marc Hillman" <7owsx1j02(a)sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> Success Tom - thanks a million. Did not need the "dim bufferptr as
> intptr = marshal.ReadIntPtr(strPtr)" statement." IntPtr is new to me,
> as is Marshal, but I think I understand enough to fix all the other
> similar issues.
>
> I still don't understand why 'simple' version of the code work with
> String types, but it's great to finally have a solution. Thanks again.
>
> It never ceases to amaze me the number of people who willingly help
> others for no obvious reward.

The only reward we normally look for is a final post explaining the
exact solution you found. The above doesn't really explain it. :-)

--
Regards,
Mark Hurd, B.Sc.(Ma.) (Hons.)

From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
But for those who help it is very useful.