From: Eric Stevens on
I use a Windows XP computer system.

My printer is now an Epson 3800 but previously it was an Epson 1800.

Not withstanding that I have uninstalled the Epson 1800 I find my
system still contains the Epson 1800 ICM (ICC) files which were loaded
with the original driver and these continue to show up in the list of
profiles available for use with my image processing software.

This is a d*** nuisance as I have no need for them. I already have too
many and I now want to clutter things further by loading an additional
batch for Hahnemuhle Paper.

My question is, how do I get rid of these unwanted profiles?

I have no problem finding these files. A global search for files named
*.ICM or files containing 1800 locates them all over the place. If I
right-click on them I am offered the option to 'uninstall' but all
attempts do do so fail for unexplained reasons. I suspect they are
tied into the system registery in some way. In a more civilised
operating system I could just delete the offending files and all would
be well but from previous experience with Windows I am reluctant to do
this if entries should also be removed from the registry.

Can anyone help me with this problem? I will be eternally grateful
(talk is cheap :-) to anyone who can tell me what to do.

Eric Stevens
From: Better Info on
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 16:43:03 +1300, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens(a)sum.co.nz>
wrote:

>I use a Windows XP computer system.
>
>My printer is now an Epson 3800 but previously it was an Epson 1800.
>
>Not withstanding that I have uninstalled the Epson 1800 I find my
>system still contains the Epson 1800 ICM (ICC) files which were loaded
>with the original driver and these continue to show up in the list of
>profiles available for use with my image processing software.
>
>This is a d*** nuisance as I have no need for them. I already have too
>many and I now want to clutter things further by loading an additional
>batch for Hahnemuhle Paper.
>
>My question is, how do I get rid of these unwanted profiles?
>
>I have no problem finding these files. A global search for files named
>*.ICM or files containing 1800 locates them all over the place. If I
>right-click on them I am offered the option to 'uninstall' but all
>attempts do do so fail for unexplained reasons. I suspect they are
>tied into the system registery in some way. In a more civilised
>operating system I could just delete the offending files and all would
>be well but from previous experience with Windows I am reluctant to do
>this if entries should also be removed from the registry.
>
>Can anyone help me with this problem? I will be eternally grateful
>(talk is cheap :-) to anyone who can tell me what to do.
>

>Eric Stevens

Install a little "Color Control Panel Applet" program from mickysoft.

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1E33DCA0-7721-43CA-9174-7F8D429FBB9E&displaylang=en>

Then go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Color

Though personally, I leave all color profiles on my system. I find that
sometimes mixing and matching affords better results than what is bundled
with some products.

From: DanP on
On 1 Apr, 04:43, Eric Stevens <eric.stev...(a)sum.co.nz> wrote:
> I use a Windows XP computer system.
>
> My printer is now an Epson 3800 but previously it was an Epson 1800.
>
> Not withstanding that I have uninstalled the Epson 1800 I find my
> system still contains the Epson 1800 ICM (ICC) files which were loaded
> with the original driver and these continue to show up in the list of
> profiles available for use with my image processing software.
>
> This is a d*** nuisance as I have no need for them. I already have too
> many and I now want to clutter things further by loading an additional
> batch for Hahnemuhle Paper.
>
> My question is, how do I get rid of these unwanted profiles?
>
> I have no problem finding these files. A global search for files named
> *.ICM or files containing 1800 locates them all over the place. If I
> right-click on them I am offered the option to 'uninstall' but all
> attempts do do so fail for unexplained reasons. I suspect they are
> tied into the system registery in some way. In a more civilised
> operating system I could just delete the offending files and all would
> be well but from previous experience with Windows I am reluctant to do
> this if entries should also be removed from the registry.
>
> Can anyone help me with this problem? I will be eternally grateful
> (talk is cheap :-) to anyone who can tell me what to do.
>
> Eric Stevens

Start Task Manager and kill the printer driver process, look for a
name starting with E.
(If you can use Regedit is the one in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software
\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run])
Then you can delete your ICM files.
Or start your Windows in Safe Mode and the delete the files.

It worked on my computer with Epsom C86.

DanP
From: Mike Russell on
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 16:43:03 +1300, Eric Stevens wrote:

> I use a Windows XP computer system.
>
> My printer is now an Epson 3800 but previously it was an Epson 1800.
>
> Not withstanding that I have uninstalled the Epson 1800 I find my
> system still contains the Epson 1800 ICM (ICC) files which were loaded
> with the original driver and these continue to show up in the list of
> profiles available for use with my image processing software.
> My question is, how do I get rid of these unwanted profiles?
Normally I would delete the .icm or .icc files from
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com
From: Peter on
"DanP" <dan.petre(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On 1 Apr, 04:43, Eric Stevens <eric.stev...(a)sum.co.nz> wrote:
>> I use a Windows XP computer system.
>>
>> My printer is now an Epson 3800 but previously it was an Epson 1800.
>>
>> Not withstanding that I have uninstalled the Epson 1800 I find my
>> system still contains the Epson 1800 ICM (ICC) files which were loaded
>> with the original driver and these continue to show up in the list of
>> profiles available for use with my image processing software.
>>
>> This is a d*** nuisance as I have no need for them. I already have too
>> many and I now want to clutter things further by loading an additional
>> batch for Hahnemuhle Paper.
>>
>> My question is, how do I get rid of these unwanted profiles?
>>
>> I have no problem finding these files. A global search for files named
>> *.ICM or files containing 1800 locates them all over the place. If I
>> right-click on them I am offered the option to 'uninstall' but all
>> attempts do do so fail for unexplained reasons. I suspect they are
>> tied into the system registery in some way. In a more civilised
>> operating system I could just delete the offending files and all would
>> be well but from previous experience with Windows I am reluctant to do
>> this if entries should also be removed from the registry.
>>
>> Can anyone help me with this problem? I will be eternally grateful
>> (talk is cheap :-) to anyone who can tell me what to do.
>>
>> Eric Stevens
>
> Start Task Manager and kill the printer driver process, look for a
> name starting with E.
> (If you can use Regedit is the one in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software
> \Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run])
> Then you can delete your ICM files.
> Or start your Windows in Safe Mode and the delete the files.
>
> It worked on my computer with Epsom C86.

Unless you are VERY comfortable using regedit, don't even think of trying
it. It's all too easy to mess up your machine. In any event, make a backup
of the registry first.

--
Peter

 |  Next  |  Last