From: bharath_r on
Hi All,

I have a ActiveX control which was working fine till now. I was using
IE7 as the ActiveX container. I handle the keyboard events using
PreTranslateMessage. But since i switched to IE8 the keyboard events
are not being passed to my activex control. If i press backspace in a
edit control on my ActiveX, the browser gets re-directed to the
switched to IE8. Why am i not able to debug my application? Any help
is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bharath
From: bharath_r on
I made some changes to the Internet explorer registry and was able to
debug my application. Also i was able to handle the keyboard events by
following the steps in this article. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q187988/
It works, but i'm not able to understand why IE8 needs it. In IE7
everything used to work fine. Also i used to handle keyboard events by
adding a PreTranslateMessage event to ActiveX Ctrl class, but now the
keyboard events are sent to PreTranslateMessage of my PropertySheet
class.
Now i have on more problem. I am not getting resize events from
Internet Explorer anymore. Resizing the IE window doesn't seem to call
OnSize of my ActiveX Ctrl class. Please help me out with this.

Regards,
Bharath