From: Pixmaker on
Hello, all you Gurus:

I've been using Atlantic inkjet inks for my Canon iP-4000 ever since
the printer first came onto the market and those inks have worked very
well and very reliably. I've gone through two Canons and I'm working
on my third (used from ebay.) Considering the current economic
climate, I've found this printer to be one of the most economical
inkjets on the market. And the print quality is superb.

Last week, I ordered some bottles of ink (black pigmented) and I
received a bottle having virtually no identification on it. . . just a
sticker with a supposed part number. I could not trace this number
back to anything on the Atlantic web site so I called them.

I was told that Atlantic does not stock or supply a pigmented black
ink for Canon printers. (I got the implication that they did not sell
ANY pigmented ink whatsoever.)

The scary part of this story is that the person on the other end of my
phone conversation told me that the black dye-based ink I received was
compatible with all inkjet printers and would work just fine!!!

WAIT A MINUTE!!! Something is very wrong here!

Also, they are now selling something called "waterproof" inks that are
said to be compatible with Canon original inks.

Gals and guys, this just doesn't sound right to me. Has anyone had
recent experience with ink from Atlantic? Are their inks still decent
for use with my Canons?

Also, wouldn't you believe that it's about time to find another
supplier? I don't make salon prints on the Canon but I cannot afford
to print off-color and sloppy images. Also, I don't like the idea of
mixing different ink brands in the same printer. As for using
dye-based ink in a print head designed for a pigmented ink, well, I'm
just stunned at that remark.

I will truly appreciate any suggestions regarding good and reliable
suppliers of after-market inks for the iP-4000.

Maybe this is a temporary problem but I'm afraid to take any chances.

Any ideas???

DaveinFLL

From: Sparky on
Hi

I've used Atlantic for some time and placed an order a few weeks ago for my
Canon MP510
My previous orders were shipped from Eastern Canada , but this one came from
California , and the confirmation email was sent from Reinks.com
It appears Atlantic's been sold ? I wasn't pleased with the carts I
received ( low ink levels ).
I did email and they've said they're sending me a replacement , but I think
I'll be looking for a new source in the future..?

From: fredk on
On Dec 4, 9:26 pm, "Sparky" <n...(a)nothere.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've used Atlantic for some time and placed an order a few weeks ago for my
> Canon MP510
> My previous orders were shipped from Eastern Canada , but this one came from
> California , and the confirmation email was sent from Reinks.com
> It appears Atlantic's been sold ?  I wasn't pleased with the carts I
> received ( low ink levels ).
> I did email and they've said they're sending me a replacement , but I think
> I'll be looking for a new source in the future..?
>
> "Pixmaker" <pixma...(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

> > Hello, all you Gurus:
>
> > I've been using Atlantic inkjet inks for my Canon iP-4000 ever since
> > the printer first came onto the market and those inks have worked very
> > well and very reliably.  I've gone through two Canons and I'm working
> > on my third (used from ebay.) Considering the current economic
> > climate, I've found this printer to be one of the most economical
> > inkjets on the market.  And the print quality is superb.
>
> > Last week, I ordered some  bottles of ink (black pigmented) and I
> > received a bottle having virtually no identification on it. . . just a
> > sticker with a supposed part number. I could not trace this number
> > back to anything on the Atlantic web site so I called them.
>
> > I was told that Atlantic does not stock or supply a pigmented black
> > ink for Canon printers. (I got the implication that they did not sell
> > ANY pigmented ink whatsoever.)
>
> > The scary part of this story is that the person on the other end of my
> > phone conversation told me that the black dye-based ink I received was
> > compatible with all inkjet printers and would work just fine!!!
>
> > WAIT A MINUTE!!!  Something is very wrong here!
>
> > Also, they are now selling something called "waterproof" inks that are
> > said to be compatible with Canon original inks.
>
> > Gals and guys, this just doesn't sound right to me. Has anyone had
> > recent experience with ink from Atlantic? Are their inks still decent
> > for use with my Canons?
>
> > Also, wouldn't you believe that it's about time to find another
> > supplier?  I don't make salon prints on the Canon but I cannot afford
> > to print off-color and sloppy images.  Also, I don't like the idea of
> > mixing different ink brands in the same printer. As for using
> > dye-based ink in a print head designed for a pigmented ink, well, I'm
> > just stunned at that remark.
>
> > I will truly appreciate any suggestions regarding good and reliable
> > suppliers of after-market inks for the iP-4000.
>
> > Maybe this is a temporary problem but I'm afraid to take any chances.
>
> > Any ideas???
>
> > DaveinFLL

I suggest you contact supplysource(a)gmail.com
(supplysourceatgmail.com). They offer both dye and pigment inks
formulated for each make and model of printer.
Fred Keen
From: Richard Steinfeld on
I bought a color kit for my HP #78 cartridges. The ink appeared
to have been a good value, but I've had trouble with it and a few
cartridges. I haven't figured out what the problem was. I'm
printing OK with one cartridge that I managed to refill decently.
I didn't have any problems when I used the Korean Inktec kit
earlier. Their directions were adequate and well thought-out.

Worse, the needles in the kit are too long and trashed three or
more of my cartridges when used according to the instructions
that they supplied. These instructions aren't very good.

This was a few months ago. The company was located in New
Brunswick just a few miles from the US border. Shipping was fast,
inexpensive, and adequate. Packaging was good.

Richard