From: Andre on
Hi all,

I've been happily using "Proc SQL Inobs= nnn;" forever but yesterday
it suddenly refused to play.
Whenever I run any code with "inobs" in it, it crashes, returning a
log msg;
"ERROR: sqxsort: unrecognized action 99. SAVE.BASEDATA (alias=
4.70552E-284" [AD: Where "99" equals the number of Obs I've
specified.]

There's two additional clues/oddities that may help.

1. Inobs will run when nnn is set to "max".
2. No-one else in the area is experiencing the problem.

I've been raking through the Groups but found nothing.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Andre
From: Andre on
On Oct 21, 10:22 am, Andre <andre.da...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been happily using "Proc SQL Inobs= nnn;" forever but yesterday
> it suddenly refused to play.
> Whenever I run any code with "inobs" in it, it crashes, returning a
> log msg;
> "ERROR: sqxsort: unrecognized action 99. SAVE.BASEDATA (alias=
> 4.70552E-284" [AD: Where "99" equals the number of Obs I've
> specified.]
>
> There's two additional clues/oddities that may help.
>
> 1. Inobs will run when nnn is set to "max".
> 2. No-one else in the area is experiencing the problem.
>
> I've been raking through the Groups but found nothing.
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Andre

Keeping it alive.

Anyone?
From: Ace on
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:44:26 -0700 (PDT), Andre
<andre.dalet(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 21, 10:22�am, Andre <andre.da...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've been happily using "Proc SQL Inobs= nnn;" forever but yesterday
>> it suddenly refused to play.
>> Whenever I run any code with "inobs" in it, it crashes, returning a
>> log msg;
>> "ERROR: sqxsort: unrecognized action 99. SAVE.BASEDATA (alias=
>> 4.70552E-284" [AD: Where "99" equals the number of Obs I've
>> specified.]
>>
>> There's two additional clues/oddities that may help.
>>
>> 1. Inobs will run when nnn is set to "max".
>> 2. No-one else in the area is experiencing the problem.
>>
>> I've been raking through the Groups but found nothing.
>> Does anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> Andre
>
>Keeping it alive.
>
>Anyone?

You don't give nearly enough information. to even try and trace this
one would need to know the size and other characteristics of the input
data step, including how it was created, if it has indexes, is it
actually a view, as well as the exact code you've used to read it,
plus any additional information that may be relevant.

With this sort of error though, I'd suggest going to SAS technical
support as the first line of action.