From: Jean Phillip Bernier - AIO Jean Phillip Bernier - on
Hi.

I have a MOSS 2007 environment on my company for testing and development,
few days ago the database server crash and we must to replace with a new
physical server.

I setup the server but we can not use the MOOS 2007 site, always the error
is "Cannot connect to the configuration database." We restore a SQL Backup of
the databases but we can't access the sites.

Thanks for your help
From: John Timney (MVP) on
If you have moved to a new SQL server, which in reality you have done by
trying to retore to a new device then you nede to recreate the config
database.

This should get you moving along:

http://sharepointsherpa.com/2008/04/18/sharepoint-2007-move-content-and-configuration-databases/

Regards