From: Cain, Marc on
Hi Andre,

The behavior you are seeing is particularly indicative of Windows "mandatory" profile behaviors where the user's ntuser.dat has been renamed on the samba profile share to ntuser.man. I'm not saying this is the case but it sure sounds like it.

Regards,

Marc Cain

To reinforce what John wrote:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2007-April/052674.html