From: Geoff Schaller on
R�diger,

What is not working for you? I have add-ins and OLE calls to Office 2010
and they are working. Can you please show us the code that stopped
working? Perhaps it's the prog ids or something. Certainly one thing
that is different is that SOAP is no longer available. But we now use
Dot net to access web services instead - as to OLE, I haven't seen any
major issues.

Geoff

From: Geoff Schaller on
Jamal.

I think you are on the right track. Our OLE direct calls still work fine
but we had to regenerate our automation server classes. But that is to
be expected.

Geoff

From: Rüdiger Fresemann on
Hi Jamal, Hi Geoff,

This is the code, which works fine from Word 97 to Word 2007:

oMSword := OLEAutoObject{ "Word.Application" }
IF IsArray(oMSword:aFuncDesc) .AND. ALen(oMSword:aFuncDesc) != 0
WordActive:=TRUE
ELSE
WordActive:=FALSE
ENDIF

With Word 2010 installed oMSWord is filled as an Object, but all Symbols,
Pointer, etc are empty.

I analyse Office 2010 a little bit and i found, that all Ofice applications
are started virtualy. So there is no winword.exe anymore, it is opened or
generated virtualy and then executed in memory.

In the past, I could start winword, when I enty "winword" in the execute
field over the Start-Button. This also does not work with Office 2010.

What could be wrong? I heard from several Users now, that the ole connection
dont work with 2010....

Any Ideas? Thanks

Ruediger

From: Rüdiger Fresemann on
Sorry, I forgot.....

I use CAVO 27a. Is there a difference to 2.8 in connect to Office?

From: Rüdiger Fresemann on
In Google I found some interesting Infomations:

Office 2010 works in a Stream. That might be the problem....

In the Office 2010 Directory I found with VO an Automation Server named
ICoCVHSvc with sevaral Functions included, f.e. StartStreaming() and so on.
Maybe I reach Word in this way? I try a while....

Ruediger

"Geoff Schaller" <geoffx(a)softwarexobjectives.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> R�diger,
>
> What is not working for you? I have add-ins and OLE calls to Office 2010
> and they are working. Can you please show us the code that stopped
> working? Perhaps it's the prog ids or something. Certainly one thing that
> is different is that SOAP is no longer available. But we now use Dot net
> to access web services instead - as to OLE, I haven't seen any major
> issues.
>
> Geoff
>

> "R�diger Fresemann" <ruediger.fresemann(a)t-online.de> wrote in message
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Till Version 2007 I use OLE Automation to use MS-Word with my App.
>>
>> Since 2010 it is not possible any more, because Office 2010 ist working
>> different.
>>
>> Has anybody an workaround to use Office 2010 (Word and Excel) with VO (I
>> use
>> 2.7a)
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ruediger