From: Rick J. on
Hello,

Trying to connect to my mother's computer and I receive the following
message when trying to connect:

"A Remote Assistance connection could not be established because the DNS
name of the remote computer could not be resolved."

Both computers run Windows XP SP3 with McAfee anti-virus/firewall.
Everything appears to be set-up correctly on both computers including having
Remote Assistance enabled in the firewall.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick J.
From: Roy Smith on
On 1/18/2010 7:26 PM, Rick J. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Trying to connect to my mother's computer and I receive the following
> message when trying to connect:
>
> "A Remote Assistance connection could not be established because the DNS
> name of the remote computer could not be resolved."
>
> Both computers run Windows XP SP3 with McAfee anti-virus/firewall.
> Everything appears to be set-up correctly on both computers including having
> Remote Assistance enabled in the firewall.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Forget trying to use Remote Assistance and use Team Viewer instead. You
can get it here:

http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx

--

Roy Smith
Windows 7

Timestamp: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:01:40 AM

Pages: 1
Prev: old dos s/w problem
Next: Backing Up