From: michael.proctor on
Hello. My problem is this, I have a dell GX1p running win xp pro sp-2.
Periphials are a zip disc, lexmark scanner, and a UMAX astra 1220P scanner.
Ever since I hooked up this scanner (parallel interface) I get the following
when I first start my system, "new hardware found VID_04e6 PID_80000040.
Here is the problem. I dont know what it is asking for! I have the correct
drivers, scanning program, etc loaded. ANY help would be MOST appreciated!
michaelproctorr(a)gmail.com.
TIA

From: billh on

"michael.proctor" <michael.proctor(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> Hello. My problem is this, I have a dell GX1p running win xp pro sp-2.
> Periphials are a zip disc, lexmark scanner, and a UMAX astra 1220P
> scanner. Ever since I hooked up this scanner (parallel interface) I get
> the following when I first start my system, "new hardware found VID_04e6
> PID_80000040. Here is the problem. I dont know what it is asking for! I
> have the correct drivers, scanning program, etc loaded. ANY help would be
> MOST appreciated! michaelproctorr(a)gmail.com.
> TIA

If you don't get a more specific answer, try uninstalling it in Device
Manager. Reboot and let it redetect new hardware and reinstall the drivers.

Have you looked at the vendor's website for an updated driver or any other
troubleshooting info?

billh

From: Weatherlawyer on

michael.proctor wrote:
> Hello. My problem is this, I have a dell GX1p running win xp pro sp-2.
> Periphials are a zip disc, lexmark scanner, and a UMAX astra 1220P scanner.
> Ever since I hooked up this scanner (parallel interface) I get the following
> when I first start my system, "new hardware found VID_04e6 PID_80000040.
> Here is the problem. I dont know what it is asking for! I have the correct
> drivers, scanning program, etc loaded. ANY help would be MOST appreciated!
> michaelproctorr(a)gmail.com.

It sounds like an old driver for your scanner. Perhaps you had an
update or something?

Check that your scanner and other hardware is still working, then you
can get rid of it. It may not be a driver that works with XP. Xp might
be asking you WTFIT?

From: relic on
michael.proctor wrote:
> Hello. My problem is this, I have a dell GX1p running win xp pro
> sp-2. Periphials are a zip disc, lexmark scanner, and a UMAX astra
> 1220P scanner. Ever since I hooked up this scanner (parallel
> interface) I get the following when I first start my system, "new
> hardware found VID_04e6 PID_80000040. Here is the problem. I dont
> know what it is asking for! I have the correct drivers, scanning
> program, etc loaded. ANY help would be MOST appreciated!
> michaelproctorr(a)gmail.com. TIA

IF you get a Parallel Port UMAX to work with XP, do you realize that you
will be the first to do that? What an honor!

--
They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

From: relic on

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&q=UMAX+Parallel+XP&qt_s=Search

--
They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

Pages: 1
Prev: PhotoGallery
Next: BROADMAX MODEM DRIVERS NEEEDED