From: Adam Simpson on
You could put a new text box called RS in the the patient header section of
the report and make it a running summ and make it =Fee. Then in the report
footer put a text box called say RST and make the control source =RS. Then
in the report header the controle source of your total field should be =RST.

Alternatively you could create a second query that just summs the fees for
the patients and reference that in the report header. This could be a DSum
if the criteria needed are simple.

Adam