From: jillymc on
I have a report that displays values collected from a form.
The Print Preview shows the values correctly, but when I actually print the
report (to a printer or pdf) the values show up as #Name? errors.

I have the values entered in controlsource field of the report as
[=[forms]![frmName]![formvaluename]

Any suggestions?

From: Gina Whipp on
jillymc,

Are you closing the form before the report actually prints?

--
Gina Whipp

II

From: jillymc on
Yes, that turns out to be the problem.
The form opens in a popup window that obstructs the print preview. We were
closing the popup before printing.

Which brings up the question.....is there a way to have the print preview
window appear in front of the form popup?
Or, how could I pass the variables in the code behind so that it's not an
issue?

thanks.
Jill

From: Gina Whipp on
Jill,

Instead of closing the form use Visible...

On Report's On_Close Event

Forms![YourFormName].Visible = True

On the Report's On_Load Event

Forms![YourFormName].Visible = False

From: jillymc on
That works perfectly!!!!!
Thanks for the Christmas present!!!
Jill

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> Jill,
>
> Instead of closing the form use Visible...
>
> On Report's On_Close Event
>
> Forms![YourFormName].Visible = True
>
> On the Report's On_Load Event
>
> Forms![YourFormName].Visible = False
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "jillymc" <jillymc(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, that turns out to be the problem.
> > The form opens in a popup window that obstructs the print preview. We
> > were
> > closing the popup before printing.
> >
> > Which brings up the question.....is there a way to have the print preview
> > window appear in front of the form popup?
> > Or, how could I pass the variables in the code behind so that it's not an
> > issue?
> >
> > thanks.
> > Jill
> >
> > "Gina Whipp" wrote:
> >
> >> jillymc,
> >>
> >> Are you closing the form before the report actually prints?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gina Whipp
> >>
> >> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
> >> Tremors
> >> II
> >>
> >> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
> >>
> >> "jillymc" <jillymc(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .
>
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2