From: seeker01 on
Hi Jorge,
Thanks for your email. I was afraid of running anything but I think should
be safe to run "DCDIAG /V" from DC02. I will inform you the status later on.

Regards,
Seeker01

From: seeker01 on
Hi Jorge,

When I try to open active directory users and computers on DC02, I receive
the following error: "Naming information cannot be located because: The
specified directory service attribute or value does not exist. Contact your
system administrator to verify that your domain is properly configured and is
currently online." When I run net share, there is no "NETLOGON" & "SYSVOL"
share. Is this DNS related? How to determine if DNS because I can run
nslookup fine. Also the Policy & Scripts folder are actually found under the
folder of c:\winnt\sysvol\domain\NtFrs_PreExisting___See_EventLog. Is this
causing the problem why & should I just remove this folder? Thanks.

From: seeker01 on
Hi Ace,
Both DC01 & DC02 already running with SP4 before 1Aug05. After the system
state restore on DC02, am I supposed to re-apply the SP4 because I didnt. Is
this the reason why? There were no more changes made on both DNS servers
since the built more than a year ago. Can it be the DNS problem? Or perhaps
the problem will go away if I run nltest to reset the security channel on
DC02 since I have error "access denied" & "logon failure: unknown username or
bad password"? Thanks heaps.

From: Ace Fekay [MVP] on
In news:BEF3B4D3-7C88-4574-A4A5-4E15D0814D04(a)microsoft.com,
seeker01 <seeker01(a)discussions.microsoft.com> made this post, which I then
commented about below:
> Hi Ace,
> Both DC01 & DC02 already running with SP4 before 1Aug05. After the
> system state restore on DC02, am I supposed to re-apply the SP4
> because I didnt. Is this the reason why? There were no more changes
> made on both DNS servers since the built more than a year ago. Can it
> be the DNS problem? Or perhaps the problem will go away if I run
> nltest to reset the security channel on DC02 since I have error
> "access denied" & "logon failure: unknown username or bad password"?
> Thanks heaps.

August 1, 2005? Wow. That is approaching the 60day limit. Are you sure about
the date? After 60 days, the backup is useless. Also, the dcdiag you posted
upon Jorge's request, shows numerous issues related to out-of-date data. You
can try the nltest command, which should reset the channel:

nltest /sc_verify:[YourDomainName]

if that doesn't work, try:
nltest /sc_reset:[YourDomainName]

More info on it here:

About nltest:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/TechRef/ea7f8494-ee1e-4d99-b28f-8f2fd8a72df2.mspx

nltest syntax:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/TechRef/c694f7f1-e05a-474c-b02b-19a7575ed860.mspx

Ace

From: seeker01 on
Hi Ace,
Thanks for your email, I will try it though afraid to modify on this
production domain. Because it is still within the 60 days limit, why do I
receive these messages? What is the normal days for machine password to stay
valid, is it 30 days? I suspect this could be the issue. Do u think so ?