From: seeker01 on
DC02 is the subordinate CA enterprise server, DC01 is the root CA enterprise
server.
Because I am rebuilding DC02 from scratch as a clean Windows 200 Domain
controller, I am hoping DC01 will enable the replication again. About the CA
certificate key of DC02, I will back it up beforehand. Will this work? I
really want to sleep comfortably during my leaves. Thanks.

From: Hank Arnold on
I'd clean up my resume while on vacation, also..... You will not be
returning to a nice situation and bosses have notoriously short memories
(except for grudges)....

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

From: Ace Fekay [MVP] on
In news:798DB850-DD25-40F3-BA47-BD9B853D0238(a)microsoft.com,
seeker01 <seeker01(a)discussions.microsoft.com> made this post, which I then
commented about below:
> DC02 is the subordinate CA enterprise server, DC01 is the root CA
> enterprise server.
> Because I am rebuilding DC02 from scratch as a clean Windows 200
> Domain controller, I am hoping DC01 will enable the replication
> again. About the CA certificate key of DC02, I will back it up
> beforehand. Will this work? I really want to sleep comfortably during
> my leaves. Thanks.

You would sleep better if you fix it before you go. What's your hurry? Rita?

Ace

From: JHK on
I encountered many of the same issues you encountered with two domain
controllers in our external connectivity environment. The time period during
which they had failed to communicate had well exceeded the 60 day limit, and
I was at a loss as to what to do having tried all solutions that I could
discover. But I did manage to fix the problem.

I used the NetDom ResetPwd command to reset the machine account password BUT
rather than running this command

(On Non-Working Server)
NETDOM RESETPWD /Server:Working Server /UserD:Domain\AdministrativeID
/PasswordD:*

I ran

(On WORKING Server)

NETDOM RESETPWD /Server:NonWorkingServer
/UserD:Domain\AdministrativeID /PasswordD:*

Then I rebooted the non-working server, started the REPLMON program and
forced replication with the working server and everything, including browsing
via the UNC name and certificate services started to function properly.
From: Ace Fekay [MVP] on
In news:A1B893DB-E3A3-44D9-BD00-EFF125E034FF(a)microsoft.com,
JHK <JHK(a)discussions.microsoft.com> made this post, which I then commented
about below:
> I encountered many of the same issues you encountered with two domain
> controllers in our external connectivity environment. The time
> period during which they had failed to communicate had well exceeded
> the 60 day limit, and I was at a loss as to what to do having tried
> all solutions that I could discover. But I did manage to fix the
> problem.
>
> I used the NetDom ResetPwd command to reset the machine account
> password BUT rather than running this command
>
> (On Non-Working Server)
> NETDOM RESETPWD /Server:Working Server /UserD:Domain\AdministrativeID
> /PasswordD:*
>
> I ran
>
> (On WORKING Server)
>
> NETDOM RESETPWD /Server:NonWorkingServer
> /UserD:Domain\AdministrativeID /PasswordD:*
>
> Then I rebooted the non-working server, started the REPLMON program
> and forced replication with the working server and everything,
> including browsing via the UNC name and certificate services started
> to function properly.

And that was after 60 days? Interesting. Thanks for the info. I will like to
try this out sometime.

Ace