From: Norv on
I keep getting the following error when my ASP page gets to the line 38 --> "
Set xlsApp = Server.CreateObject("Excel.Application") "

Error Type:
Server object, ASP 0196 (0x80040154)
Only InProc server components should be used. If you want to use LocalServer
components, you must set the AspAllowOutOfProcComponents metabase setting.
Please consult the help file for important considerations.
/lcqa/QA/Reports/MainForm.asp, line 38

From: Norv on
Can anyone help? No one has been able to solve this one...

From: Dave Friedel on
Norv,

It appears that the MetaBase.xml file needs to be altered to allow this
sort of procedure to operate. It has been my experience in the past to stay
away from creating "excel" objects on the server - but I understand you may
need to make/read excel docs. Fortunately Microsoft is generous enough to
offer excel access via the OleDB library which will not cause the error you
are receiving and (my favorite) not leave that bulky object hanging out in
memory even after the request. I have provided the link below - which
should help you. As for the metabase alteration - I would rather a MSFT
person comment on it - as that file is very touchy.

http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/ASP.NET-Code/Read-Excel-files-from-ASPNET/

regards,
Dave

From: "Tom Kaminski [MVP]" <tomk mvps on
> I keep getting the following error when my ASP page gets to the line
38 --> "
> Set xlsApp = Server.CreateObject("Excel.Application") "

Don't do that.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP