From: Steve Howard **Community Expert** - eLearning + Mobile and Devices on

> After the admin ran the course, we checked the System32 folder, and
> Authorware
> installed 2 other files when he was logged onto the PC: awswax.ocx and
> np32asw.dll
>
> Problem is, our users don't have permission to write to the System32
> folder,
> so it kinda feels like I'm back to square one... eek! I know we can't be
> the
> only company with strict permissions on the PCs, has anyone else come up
> with a
> way (other than giving users permissions to their WNNT\System32) to get
> this to
> run correctly?

The Authorware Web Player does have to be installed with local admin rights.
That is not avoidable. The way this is handled varies between companies, but
there most IT depts employ ways to distribute/remotely install applications
when users log on. The two files in question awswax.ocx and np32asw.dll are
relatively small (about 700k?) so don't represent much of a drain on
network resources.

I know this sounds like handing you another headache, but this install
should be a one-off thing.

Steve

http://twitter.com/Stevehoward999
Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices