From: peter on
I've been given an Epson Perfection1200 photo, but with no
installation disks. I downloaded the files (4 files in total off the
Epson website) and the scanner worked OK for some old negatives I
wanted to digitise. I was running a lexmark printer on the same pc. I
then changed the lexmark to an epson sx600fw (printer with scanner)
and shortly after I had to reinstall the perfection1200. I'm now
having problems doing this (errors with Twain etc...).

Is the issue that I'm now running two epson printers, both with
scanners? The printer/scanner is obviously far newer and is this
giving the older printer (mid 90s) conflict issues.

Would appreciate any help.

Peter
From: Arthur Entlich on
Am I correct in assuming both the all-in-one and the scanner are using
USB connections?

When installing, did you install the driver software prior to plugging
in the USB connections from the devices? Most scanners, and some
printers need to have the drivers pre-installed before the peripheral
is attached to the computer, or you can get driver or USB conflicts, as
the OS tries to install its own drivers from "best guess" plug n play.

Unfortunately, also, sometimes the order in which you do the
installation can determine which will work when, so you might try
uninstalling the all-in-one fully, (using the uninstall software Epson
should either supply on your system on on the installation disk) and
then fully installing the 1200 scanner first, and then reinstall the
all-in-one.

However, I am aware that Epson had conflicts with several of their
printers which could not be installed on the same computer at the same
time, so no guarantees.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/