From: Jonny_S on

'The Real Truth [MS MVP Wrote:
> ;4398048']
> After rebooting Right-click the network connection, and then click
> Properties.
> Click Install.

Where is this?????

--
Jonny_S
Jonny_S's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/223769.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Shenan Stanley on

The Real Truth MVP wrote:
> Where is what? I never posted what you quoted.

Seriously?

The post the OP quoted from (even the sorry synchronized service they used):
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/924680.htm

Another location:
http://help.wugnet.com/Problems-Winsock-provider-catalogftopic-607459-days0-orderasc-16.html

Note: Both show you posting what the OP partially quoted in your reply
starting with the sentence, "Print these out, this is from MS" and ending
with the sentence, "Restart the computer." ;-)

Google Groups archived the March 2, 2008 original posting (when the
conversation started) and your May 5, 2009 (one day after someone else
tacked onto the over one year old (then) conversation) response that
included the quote from the new OP (Jonny_S) whose badly formed/lack of
actual quoted text post is at least partially caused by their horrible
choice in interfaces at TECHARENA.IN.

Perhaps all the confusion (on your part and on the part of Jonny_S) will
disappear once someone looks at said Google Groups full conversation
(including the full instructions you posted):
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_frm/thread/b4b548fc26d49140/
.... which should allow you to figure out what they are asking and maybe they
will figure out what is going on if your post was even relevant the day it
was posted and the new OPs issue is even close to the same as the 2+ year
old original posting or 1+ year old tacked on posting.

Maybe. Maybe not. Only time and ability will determine the outcome. ;-)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Jonny_S on

@ Real Truth - you did post that so you're forgiven for it being a
little ambiguous.

After about 3 hours of trying trying trying to outsmart and get past and
figure out why even though it said "you are connected" and not being
connected, I did a system reset. Yay!

Up and running and on line and all is good (except that strange factory
desktop photo!)

Thank you all.