From: cuddie on
I fot the appropriate adapter to do this as stated in Samsing's manual.
However, when unable to connect to our home wireless connection I went online
to find out what "terms" appearing on the ssreen meant and to make a long
story short, once I put CMD in Run and then entering ipconfig I found out
that my laptop has some things which are not enabled; which is most likely
why I cannot connect to the Internet without the cable with the phone jacks
on each end connected to my PC. However, it was at one time connected to our
home wireless network.

I'm not sure how much I can put here for the ipconfig results so I'll just
put what I think may be my problem:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

Windows IP Configuration
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Everything here is OK

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

I notice the last 2 have the same topic name but the only difference in
their body is Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description

and I left out the indentifying info but it's different for each one.

As I said, I'm not too good at knowing how much info to paste here but I
think I have the pertinent issues which are going on, or shouod I say NOT
going on.

Thank you in advance for your help. I sincerely appreciate it. If more
info is needed please contact me or post here.

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
According to the IPconfig your do not have a valid installation of a network
card.
Maybe this can Help.
For Wireless, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
For Wire, http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html