From: Jussi-S on
Hi,

We are using Windows domain with Windows Server 2008 Std R2 DC. We have
currently several Vista desktops which are in domain. DNS is configured as MS
Best Practices suggests and there are no other GPOs in use than Default
Domain Policy.

After successfull logon the sidebar does'nt fully load (sidebar appears but
clock doesn't show up). Also if you try to start MS Offce Word it get stuck
in loading screen. If you wait nothing happens. Wierd thing is that every
other program will load normally (even other Office programs) but Word and
Sidebar are stuck.

All this happens totally random. You can logon 3 times succesfull but then
it happens again.

This problem came right after computers where joined to domain. The proglem
didn't occur while the computers where in workgroup.

Any idea what might be wrong?

From: Dave Patrick on
Try asking them here.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsvista

--

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

From: Jussi-S on
They pointed me here with this thing ^^

From: Dave Patrick on
Then they made a mistake because these nntp groups are being deprecated.