From: Ben Gardner on
Hi,

I am currently setting up a macro on my outlook to run whenever an e-mail is
received. I have search on this site and found a solution involving
selecting a script to run as a rule. This seems to be a good solution and I
have retitled my macro so it now appears in the scripts list.

However I still have one problem. My script is set up to processes e-mails
in my inbox and save e-mail attachments in various folders dependent on the
subject. The script is now activated when an e-mail is received however it
only processes e-mails already in the inbox rather than the one coming in. I
have attempted to play around with the rules so that the mail is moved to my
inbox before the script runs but that had no effect.

So my macro is working - but always one e-mail behind. IE when an e-mail
comes in it isn't processed until another e-mail arrives which kicks off the
script.

Do you have any suggestions?

url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1675-1.aspx
From: Jeff C on

--
Jeff C
Live Well .. Be Happy In All You Do

"Ben Gardner" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently setting up a macro on my outlook to run whenever an e-mail is
> received. I have search on this site and found a solution involving
> selecting a script to run as a rule. This seems to be a good solution and I
> have retitled my macro so it now appears in the scripts list.
>
> However I still have one problem. My script is set up to processes e-mails
> in my inbox and save e-mail attachments in various folders dependent on the
> subject. The script is now activated when an e-mail is received however it
> only processes e-mails already in the inbox rather than the one coming in. I
> have attempted to play around with the rules so that the mail is moved to my
> inbox before the script runs but that had no effect.
>
> So my macro is working - but always one e-mail behind. IE when an e-mail
> comes in it isn't processed until another e-mail arrives which kicks off the
> script.
>
> Do you have any suggestions?

Outlookcode.com is a great reference site - you may find the answer to your
issue or you may find a totally different solution that works for you. Much
that you want to do in Outlook can be accomplished with VBA

From: Kenneth A. Larsen on