From: D.P. Roberts on
I have a vbs file that uses the following line to connect to an Access 2007
(accdb) file:

..Provider = "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0"

This works fine as long as my OS is a 32-bit version of Windows XP/Vista/7,
but it fails to run on 64-bit versions of Windows. Does anyone know how I
can get a 64-bit
version of Windows to work with this code?

I asked this question in the office developer newsgroup but nobody could
help. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

D.P. Roberts

From: Evertjan. on
D.P. Roberts wrote on 12 jul 2010 in
microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript:

> I have a vbs file that uses the following line to connect to an Access
> 2007 (accdb) file:
>
> .Provider = "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0"
>
> This works fine as long as my OS is a 32-bit version of Windows
> XP/Vista/7, but it fails to run on 64-bit versions of Windows. Does
> anyone know how I can get a 64-bit
> version of Windows to work with this code?
>
> I asked this question in the office developer newsgroup but nobody
> could help. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

There seem to be different versions of this engine, downloadable here:

<http://www.microsoft.com/downLoads/details.aspx?familyid=C06B8369-60DD-
4B64-A44B-84B371EDE16D&displaylang=en>

[Warning: I did not try it out]

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
From: D.P. Roberts on
Thanks Evertjan, but those are simply the 32- and 64-bit versions of the
Access Database Engine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 64-bit
version of the Access Database Engine is only necessary if you're using
Office 2010 which features a 64-bit version of MS Access. I am using Access
2007 which of course is 32-bit. My question was how to get a 64-bit
operating system (like Windows 7 64-bit) running a 32-bit version of Access
to work with the 32-bit Access Database Engine.

From: Evertjan. on
D.P. Roberts wrote on 12 jul 2010 in
microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript:
> "Evertjan." <exjxw.hannivoort(a)interxnl.net> wrote in message
>> D.P. Roberts wrote on 12 jul 2010 in
>> microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript:
>>
>>> I have a vbs file that uses the following line to connect to an
>>> Access 2007 (accdb) file:
>>>
>>> .Provider = "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0"
>>>
>>> This works fine as long as my OS is a 32-bit version of Windows
>>> XP/Vista/7, but it fails to run on 64-bit versions of Windows. Does
>>> anyone know how I can get a 64-bit
>>> version of Windows to work with this code?
>>>
>>> I asked this question in the office developer newsgroup but nobody
>>> could help. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
>>
>> There seem to be different versions of this engine, downloadable
>> here:
>>
>> <http://www.microsoft.com/downLoads/details.aspx?familyid=C06B8369-60D
>> D- 4B64-A44B-84B371EDE16D&displaylang=en>
>>
>> [Warning: I did not try it out]

[please do not top post on usenet]

> Thanks Evertjan, but those are simply the 32- and 64-bit versions of
> the Access Database Engine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the
> 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine is only necessary if
> you're using Office 2010 which features a 64-bit version of MS Access.
> I am using Access 2007 which of course is 32-bit. My question was how
> to get a 64-bit operating system (like Windows 7 64-bit) running a
> 32-bit version of Access to work with the 32-bit Access Database
> Engine.

That would be off topic.
Access itself has nothing to do with classic ASP.

So methinks you wanted a 64 bit ACE.OLEDB.12.0 for a W7-64bit ASP server?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.