From: HH on
I got one of these refurbs from Overstock.com at a good price. It has a
Phenom X3 8450e processor in the AM2+ socket. Generally, I'm more than
satisfied with performance of the 2.1 gHz processor under Vista 64 due to
the fact the PC came maxed out with 8 GB of RAM. But, always wanting more .
.. .
Anyway, any ideas for a faster processor? Would a 2.7-3.0 gHz dual core be
better? I know the 2 gHz Phenom X4 9450e is compatible but would it be that
much faster? It's also very hard to find except at full retail.
Any ideas appreciated.