From: MZB on
I recently got a new computer with W7. I have always used Acronis True
Image, but rather than buy a new version, I am trying to use the
Windows7 backup program.

It works well. I just did a full system backup (image) to my external
hard drive. I deleted a file and was able to bring back the individual file.

NOW, I am not sure how to do future backups. I would like the next few
to be incremental and then do a full system image again. Can I do this?
If so, how?

Mel
From: Brian K on
Mel,

I've tested the Win7 imaging app a few times. I recall that the image is not
compressed and you can't do incremental images. You can't adjust the
partition size when you restore the image. You can't restore the image to a
different partition on the HD than the original. I found it a very crude
imaging app and I don't use it anywore.

From: "G.Strait" G.Strait on
Hi Mel,

Uploaded five picture clips of instructions to my storage site for use with Windows 7 Backup and Restore Files ect. Maybe this will give you some ideas. If not just trash it.

Cheers,
Greg

Go here. https://backup.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=896a628e5b656dadb19c