From: Davey on
Deleting other programs did improve performance noticably. Defragging with my
current disc space is inefficient (I have 10% unused and 15%minimum is
recommended.) Forgetting whether or not program removal will accomplish
anything, my basic question remains, why can I not remove the Office and
Student 2007 preinstalled program?

From: Jose on
On Dec 31 2009, 5:00 pm, Davey <Da...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Deleting other programs did improve performance noticably. Defragging with my
> current disc space is inefficient (I have 10% unused and 15%minimum is
> recommended.) Forgetting whether or not program removal will accomplish
> anything, my basic question remains, why can I not remove the Office and
> Student 2007 preinstalled program?
>

> "DL" wrote:
> > It was in reference to the app mentioned, Office
>
> > "Shenan Stanley" <newshel...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Well - if the program was actually running at all times - uninstalling it
> > > could increase usable memory and perhaps speed (since it would not be
> > > using CPU cycles.)
>
> > > Office what?  2003?  2007?
>
> > > I doubt office is running at all times - all you would be freeing up is
> > > hard drive (likely SOLID STATE, not DISK) space - not really helping your
> > > memory or speed much - if any.
>
> > > --
> > > Shenan Stanley
> > >     MS-MVP
> > > --
> > > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
> > >http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
> > .

Did the MS article I posted earlier not work?
From: Davey on
Here is the summary info on my netbook. I really would like to remove the
trial Office and Student 2007 from it. You can see how limited it is. Because
of the message I get when trying to delete it, I worry I may have a problem.

From: Davey on
1/1/10 Issue closed. Had to run down elements of Office and delete pieces
finally getting Office Home&Student 2007to uninstall/delete/remove.