From: Jose on
On Jan 6, 8:47 pm, jbertke <jbertke.44e...(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
> When I ask Revo Uninstaller to remove PSE 2 it tries to remove PSE 8
> that I have as a trial. I guess I'll just abandon PSE 2 and move on with
> PSE 8. I'm still puzzled as to why the PSE 2 does not show up in list of
> installed programs. Even Revo did not find it in it's initial scan. I
> attempted the uninstall with the Hunter Mode option and it moved to PSE
> 8.
> Thanks for everyone's help,
> Jim B
>
> --
> jbertke
> jbertke's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/169480.htm
> View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1288812.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

If it does not show up in Add/Remove Programs, the Uninstall
information is missing or corrupt (probably missing) from the registry
where installed programs keep their information for uninstall:

HKLM\Softwre\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

That is where Add/Remove gets it list of what to display. If you
don't see it there, you will not see it in Add/Remove Programs/ Revo
looks in the exact same spot so that is why you do not see it in
Revo.

Adobe Photoshop uses InstallShield as it's installer, so you can look
where InstallShield puts its information when things are installed.
This is were it keeps track of things to uninstall too:

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information

For Photoshop 2.0, that is:

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
\{8A367C28-423C-48E2-8C76-EBA1171F932A}

When you find the Adobe 2.0 installation folder, you can run setup.exe
from there and if things are not too broken, you will be given an
option to Run, Reinstall, Uninstall...
From: jbertke on

Thanks, Jose and Bill in CO. for your reply. The attempts to uninstall
PSE 2 failed before I installed PSE 8 so I assume that's not the
problem. I have looked in the registry and in the ...\Program
Files\Installationshield Installation folder for a reference to
\{8A367C28...932A} and I do not find any. I've also run a search for it
on the entire drive without a find. It would appear that the program was
installed without leaving a trace.
Thanks for all your help,
Jim B

From: Jose on
On Jan 9, 8:49 pm, jbertke <jbertke.44j...(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Jose and Bill in CO. for your reply. The  attempts to uninstall
> PSE 2 failed before I installed PSE 8 so I assume that's not the
> problem. I have looked in the registry and in the ...\Program
> Files\Installationshield Installation folder for a reference to
> \{8A367C28...932A} and I do not find any. I've also run a search for it
> on the entire drive without a find. It would appear that the program was
> installed without leaving a trace.
> Thanks for all your help,
> Jim B
>
> --
> jbertke
> jbertke's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/169480.htm
> View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1288812.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

You said that PSE2 will no longer run and you want to remove it.

Do you see some traces of it that are annoying and you want to get rid
of these traces - folders, files, shortcut, link, reference, etc.

Or are you all set with your new version?
From: jbertke on

Thanks, Jose, for your reply. I can remove all the most visible traces
of PSE 2, but I hoped for a more complete removal knowing these programs
sprinkle files all over the place where they are difficult to find. I
assume I will buy PSE 8 and go on from there. The trial version seems to
work fine.
Thanks again,
Jim B