From: Uwe Bonnes on
F M <fmont67(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 Giu, 15:11, "shoonya" <manish.paradkar(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently got the Actel Smartfusion eval kit. Since I use Linux, I am
> > running the windows Libero IDE under wine.
> >
> > While the application runs fine under wine, I am not able to program the
> > device with the Flashpro software. Seems like it is not able to talk
> > to the programmer.
> >
> > I know this is as much a wine issue, but i wanted to know if there is a
> > native software for linux which can be used to just program the
> > device andwhich supports smartfusion fpgas.
> >
> > And which can work on the free gold license.
> >

> You could try the 2 other ISP ways, DirectC and STAPL player. Both
> shoudl work under linux.
> http://www.actel.com/download/program_debug/directc/default.aspx
> http://www.actel.com/download/program_debug/stapl/default.aspx

Are the BSDL 1532 programming algorithms available?
--
Uwe Bonnes bon(a)elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt
From: F M on
On 23 Giu, 11:19, Uwe Bonnes <b...(a)elektron.ikp.physik.tu-
darmstadt.de> wrote:
> F M <fmon...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 17 Giu, 15:11, "shoonya" <manish.paradkar(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I recently got the Actel Smartfusion eval kit. Since I use Linux, I am
> > > running the windows Libero IDE under wine.
>
> > > While the application runs fine under wine, I am not able to program the
> > > device with the Flashpro software. Seems like it is not able to talk
> > > to the programmer.
>
> > > I know this is as much a wine issue, but i wanted to know if there is a
> > > native software for linux which can be used to just program the
> > >  device andwhich supports smartfusion fpgas.
>
> > > And which can work on the free gold license.
>
> > You could try  the 2 other ISP ways, DirectC and STAPL player. Both
> > shoudl work under linux.
> >    http://www.actel.com/download/program_debug/directc/default.aspx
> >    http://www.actel.com/download/program_debug/stapl/default.aspx
>
> Are the BSDL 1532 programming algorithms available?
> --
> Uwe Bonnes                b...(a)elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
>
> Institut fuer Kernphysik  Schlossgartenstrasse 9  64289 Darmstadt
> --------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------

The algo is inside the STAPL file, which is generated by Libero for
Actel devices (under PROGRAMMING FILE button). Then should be
available in linux also.
What is needed in this case is a LINUX STAPL player. Actel in his site
claims it is avaliable. I just had a look.
In any case, being the STAPL player 'universal' (it doesn't know
anything about device and algo, everithing is wrote in the STAPL file)
you can take any available on the net;
i.e. ACTEL STAPL player was derived from the ALTERA STAPL player,
which released the sources under some open-soft license (big present
for Actel).

Pls note the I never tried this personally. ISP is a low priority of
my working plan. Till now I just collected some info. I'll work on
this subject as soon as I will be able to come out from the many
problems I have to finish the design on A3PE3000.

Cheers, Fabio